EMI and The Echo Nest have partnered to bring developers a unique opportunity to work with content from some of the biggest artists in the world. This content is organized into various sandboxes. Some sandboxes provide access to thousands of audio tracks from multiple artists. Other sandboxes focus on a single artist, providing broader content types like audio, video, artwork, photos and more.
The intent is to provide the developer community with the resources to create new and innovative applications and services. If you have an interesting concept, then EMI will partner with you to help bring that idea to market.
Building an application using a sandbox requires that you understand both the business and technical aspects of your work. We have a FAQ to help you understand the business motivation and process, and a Developer's Guide to help you understand how to use the Sandbox API itself.
Available EMI Sandboxes
- EMI Selection
- A selection of over 1500 tracks across multiple artists, decades, and genres provide a rich collection of information and audio for the creation of innovative applications and web services.
- Blue Note
- Thousands of tracks from one of the most iconic music labels in the world – the home of Jazz Music. With a catalog and heritage stretching for over 70 years, developers are invited to create the next generation of music applications and services.
- A full retrospective of electronic music from the EMI, Virgin, & Mute catalogues from 1958-2012. Complete album audio, spanning from the early works of visionaries like Kraftwerk and Brian Eno, to the rise of global superstars like Daft Punk and David Guetta.
- Robbie Williams
- The complete audiovisual catalogue and other assets including artwork, photos, posters, webtools, discographies and more from one the biggest pop stars of all time. Be inspired by the history, wealth of content and open brief to envision and build something extraordinary and worthy of Robbie’s legacy.
- Audio, video, artwork and more from one of the most significant and successful bands in the world. No holds barred on this one – a vast treasury of multimedia assets and the free rein to do as you will. This is a chance to create something unique and memorable for these musical pioneers.
- The exhaustive stunning audio and visual catalogue from French electronic pioneers Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoît Dunckel. You have access to AIR's entire release history (including their brand new and unique Le Voyage Dans La Lune soundtrack album), as well as photos, posters, biographies, press releases in multiple languages, interview transcripts, high resolution layered artwork, music videos, video interviews, EPKs, TV advertisements, webtool templates and more - all detailing the duo’s remarkable career. The array of breathtaking graphics on offer lend themselves to the creation of a visually stunning and interactive application to showcase AIR’s unparalleled career.
- Ian Anderson + Jethro Tull
- After a long and illustrious career, Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull have released 30 studio and live albums, selling more than 60 million copies since 1968. On offer is Jethro Tull’s entire audio catalogue, including audio stems from the brand new release Thick As A Brick 2, which revisits (now 50 year-old) schoolboy Gerald Bostock who was made famous as the subject of instant global success of 1972's Thick As A Brick. Also available are press photographs, artwork, biographies, press releases and live images from Anderson's archives. TAAB2 has cleverly updated the iconic TAAB newspaper album artwork as a local community website (www.stcleve.com) – brilliant inspiration for any likeminded application release!
- Colossal fanbase commanding and multi-award winning Arkansas band Evanescence deliver passionate rock anthems and uplifting live performances. The band are delivering you the opportunity to develop an app for their loyal global fanbase which have earned them in excess of 24 million album sales and a place in rock history. At your disposal is the band's full audiovisual catalogue, live videos, interviews, high res artwork, posters, and more
- Pet Shop Boys
- This duo has remained relevant for more than 20 years, selling over 100 million records in the process. The career-spanning collection of assets in this sandbox should be used to create something that reflects The Boys' artistic sensibilities; combine audio and visual elements to create something truly stunning.
- Tinie Tempah
- Already a UK superstar, Tinie Tempah is on course for global domination - come along for the ride. Tinie Tempah is seeking an application which makes the most of his dynamic multimedia content and matches his passion for social media and technology.
- Professor Green
- An avid social networker, Professor Green is constantly interacting with his highly committed fanbase and is seeking applications which will benefit from and enhance this relationship. At your disposal is his full EMI audiovisual catalog, with high resolution artwork and a suite of promotional tools.
- Eliza Doolittle
- Eliza Doolittle defies conventions to deliver exceptional pop music, and she wants you to deliver a mobile or web experience equally special for her forthcoming album. She is offering her full audiovisual catalog with high resolution artwork, behind the scenes footage and interviews, unique graphics tools, and more.
- Chiddy Bang
- The duo have already earned online success, and are famed for MC Chiddy's freestyling prowess. They are seeking an innovative freestyle rap inspired application to accompany their debut album Breakfast, due to be served in early 2012.
- The Japanese Popstars
- A chance to work with the award winning electronic trio; build them an application that takes advantage of their mind-blowing audio tracks, striking illustrated artwork and compelling animated videos.
- EMI Classics
- A collection of popular classical audio pieces for applications targeted at current or potential classical music fans. The tools are here to both broaden the classical music experience for current aficionados, as well as to introduce new fans to the genre.
- Now That’s What I Call Music!
- Webtools and graphics assets from the world’s biggest and longest selling branded compilation series. Here is your opportunity to build an app, web service, website, or any other digital tool for one or many of the NOW! brands. All ideas are go!