Forums » Feature Requests Search

song languages recognised by echonest New Reply

Author Post

I want to develop an app that uses echonest/echoprint to recognise songs in Swahili and Luganda. Does echonest/echoprint recognise songs in these languages?

Hi tayebwajb,

Yes, the Echoprint algorithms are certainly capable of recognizing songs in Swahili or Luganda, but we do not currently have many (if any at all) fingerprints for such songs in the database behind the Echoprint song/identify API which we host.

You are, however, free to set up your own Echoprint server and populate its database with appropriate fingerprints generated from your own recordings of songs in these languages and tailor it to your needs, if this suits you.

Best,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

If I populate the database with millions of fingerprints and launch my app commercially, hence millions of calls that will query the database, how will Echonest charge me? Will I have rights over this database or will it be part of the Echonest? Is it possible to use the echoprint algorithms and set up my own server and database for commercial use?

tayebwajb: If you run your own Echoprint server and populate it from scratch using all your own source audio (i.e., which you have the rights to use), then you are free to use the software and you don't have to pay anything or contribute back.

If you use data released under the Echoprint Data License, then you are required to contribute fingerprints you make back to the project.

If you want to query our song/identify API, then please have a look at the appropriate section on our licensing page.

Reply to this Thread

You must log in to post a reply.