Forums » Bugs & Problems Search

filter out invalid rosetta (spottily) IDs? New Reply

Author Post

i'm using the call "http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/playlist/static?api_key=(my api)&artist=VNV+Nation&format=json&type=artist-radio&bucket=id:spotify-WW&bucket=tracks&results=2&limit=true" in my OS X project.

it sends back the spotify IDs for each track, and its bringing back multiple foreign IDs per track most of which are invalid as far as Spotify goes. is there any way to filter out the invalid spotify IDs?

Hi Cawaker,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're looking into this. If you have more examples handy, would you mind sharing some other examples of Spotify IDs that aren't working?

Thanks Scott

another track I found to not work constantly is "artist_id" = AR6LZB61187B9AF431; "artist_name" = "Depeche Mode"; id = SOCNXVW1376F154D88; title = "Personal Jesus (Single Version)"; tracks = ( { catalog = "spotify-WW"; "foreign_id" = "spotify-WW:track:1WPbkvr7Cy9iP0D8XeFWST"; id = TRGVPXK13579300E4E; },

it plays fine using the spotify:track:1WPbkvr7Cy9iP0D8XeFWST URL in a web browser which opens up the spotify app and plays the song, but it gives me this error when playing via cocoalibspotify. _blockglobal_1 [Line 145] error: Error Domain=com.spotify.CocoaLibSpotify.error Code=3 "The track cannot be played" UserInfo=0x1012f4410 {NSLocalizedDescription=The track cannot be played}

i've tried the above spotify ID in the example mac Cocoa simple player Spotify App, and it too gives me a this track can't be played error.

but the next track in the depeche mode songs list catalog = "spotify-WW"; "foreign_id" = "spotify-WW:track:2QDvRTff0WgMZTWFKHMRpV";id = TRKDJYR13386479C90; seems to play okay.

So I don't know maybe this is on spotify's end and I should ask them what's up.

Hi Cawaker,

We've looked into this and do not see an issue on our end. One suggestion is that this may be a case where the track is not available based on region restrictions. Hope that helps, but please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to this Thread

You must log in to post a reply.