Forums » Bugs & Problems Search

API Returns Bio for wrong artist when MusicBrainz Id specified New Reply

Author Post

There are 2 artists named "Lucero". One is a Memphis band and the other a Spanish artist.

When I retrieve biographies from the API, I am specifying the MusicBrainz ID for the Spanish Artist (4befe93e-7cb6-4adb-b822-8b19ceb59768), but I am getting back a biography with information about both artists?!?!

Why does the API return biographical info for the wrong artist when I specify a MusicBrainz Id?

MY REQUEST URL: http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/artist/profile?format=json&bucket=biographies&bucket=images&bucket=familiarity&api_key=[OMITTED FOR POST]&id=musicbrainz:artist:4befe93e-7cb6-4adb-b822-8b19ceb59768

THE BIOGRAPHY RETURNED: "There is more than one artist with this name. 1) Lucero is an American punk/country infused rock band that is based in Memphis, Tennessee. 2) Lucero, Mexican actress and singing sensation. 1) Lucero's punk rock roots flavor their now "country-ish" music..."

Is this a known issue? My apologies if I've missed something in the docs about this, I'm new to the API.

Thanks for the help!

I'm going to revise this and post in the general help forum. Perhaps this isn't a bug and I just need a bit of help understanding how echonest handles multiple artists with the same name.

Reply to this Thread

You must log in to post a reply.