Forums » Bugs & Problems Search

Problems with Dynamic Playlists limited to a catalog New Reply

Author Post

Hello, I've been working with dynamic playlists that are limited to a catalog and have been running into a couple of different issues. I already posted earlier about steering removing the limit, but I've come across some more issues.

For one, when I create a artist playlist with it limited to the catalog I still receive songs that aren't in the catalog and therefore don't have the foreign_id's anymore. The command I used to create the playlist was:

http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/playlist/dynamic?api_key=[my API key]&format=json&type=artist&bucket=id:CAZUKFG13104CDF471&limit=true&artist=Lady%20Gaga

I also have an issue with creating dynamic playlists based off a song in my catalog. When I specify a song using the [catalogID]:song:[itemID] I get an error back saying that the song doesn't exist. However I know for a fact that the song with itemID is in the catalog. I am using the following url:

http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/playlist/dynamic?api_key=[my API key]&format=json&type=song-radio&bucket=id:CAZUKFG13104CDF471&limit=true&song_id=CAZUKFG13104CDF471:song:7709770315069101072

Any help will be very much appreciated. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or if it's a bug.

rlasante - we are working on the catalog limiting issue.

For the issue where a foreign ID can't be used, this is because that song was not resolved in your catalog. When you add songs to a catalog they are resolved to Echo Nest ids. Songs that can't be resolved can't be used as seeds to playlist. An ID of the form 'CAZUKFG13104CDF471:song:7709770315069101072' is essentially an alias for an Echo Nest ID like SO9879123412. If that link was not formed, then we can't use your foreign ID as an alias for the EN ID. If you use another ID from your catalog, for a song that has been resolved, like CAZUKFG13104CDF471:song:1267470145046729647 you will get a proper playlist.

This does raise the question of why your song (Lady Gaga's Bloody Mary) was not resolved. I'll check on that.

Hope this helps

Paul

rlasante - there's an unusual number of resolve failures for the lady gaga tracks in your catalog. If you could keep that catalog unchanged for a day or two we'd like to take a look to figure out why. -- Paul

Ok thanks

Reply to this Thread

You must log in to post a reply.