Forums » Feature Requests Search

Artist API profile method: URLs returned? New Reply

Author Post

re: http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/artist.html#profile

Questions:

1) Where is EchoNest getting this data? Is it curated in house? Or do you pull from Wikipedia or some other crowdsourced data?

2) As artists often change or add these profiles, how long does it take for URL changes to reflect at echonest?

3) Are there any plans to add Facebook Page and Twitter profile URLs? I need this! :)

4) Are there any plans to add official artist website URL?

Thanks!

zbeat - we continually crawl the web looking for everything that is written about a particular artist. So the data returned in the artist/profile may be drawn from 10s or 100s of different web resources. The data is continuously updated. More popular artists are updated more frequently. We are continuously adding sources of data, but we can't say exactly when you'll see data from any particular source appear for an artist.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. So where can I see a list of the current <urls> supported?

hi zbeat - we don't publish a list of all the sites that we crawl. There are many thousands of them. -- Paul

Hi,

I'm noticing that information for the musicians I currently work with is all out of date or pulling from unofficial sources. Is there a way to replace current feeds with official RSS or XML files? Also, same goes for old press photos, videos, streaming tracks, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Lindsay

Hi Lindsay - there's no way to do that right now, but we are working to add the capability, so that sometime in the near future, folks like yourself will be able to augment and correct data about artists.

• Paul

cool, thanks for your help paul!

Hi Paul,

We're working on our app here with a client and a question came up about being able to get twitter handles for artists. With the artist api if an artist has a twitter handle and you have it is EN v4 returning it?

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt,

At this time we don't expose twitter handles for artists. It's a known feature request and we'll let everyone know if / when it's coming.

Thanks for the quick reply Brian.

How can I contribute an artist name & ID to the database?

Send an email with the details to 'submit@echonest.com'. -- Paul

Reply to this Thread

You must log in to post a reply.